Jennifer Roberts, Attorney at Law
Jennifer Roberts is a recognized gaming and alcohol law attorney. Since 2002, she has provided professional legal counsel to some of the world’s largest companies on matters related to gaming, alcohol, regulations, and legal compliance, as well as general business matters. She is also a professor of gaming law at two law schools.
Ms. Roberts is the founder of Roberts Gaming Law. This specialized, “boutique” law firm represents a broad base of clients in multiple facets of gaming, alcohol, entertainment, and business, including:
- REGULATORY AND ADMINISTRATIVE ISSUES
- GAMING LICENSING AND COMPLIANCE
- BUSINESS FORMATION AND LICENSING
- ALCOHOL LICENSING AND COMPLIANCE
- LAND USE AND ZONING
- GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS / LOBBYING
- TECHNOLOGY AND SECURITY
- BUSINESS AND GENERAL LEGAL MATTERS
Examples of legal representative matters include:
- Obtained liquor licensing on behalf of the Downtown Project for Carson Kitchen, Vegenation, Glutton, and Container Park and its restaurants
- Represented Multimedia Games, Inc., in obtaining gaming licensing in Nevada
- Served as counsel for the recent gaming licensing of the Mizpah Club in Tonopah, located adjacent to the historic Mizpah Hotel
- Oversaw and created revisions to the gaming laws and regulations of the Commonwealth of the Bahamas for modernization efforts
- Handled publicized case of slot route operator involving Nevada State Gaming Control Board and Nevada Gaming Commission concerning proposed medical marijuana establishment interests of spouse
- Lead counsel on Nevada gaming licensing and development of compliance program for Ladbrokes plc, a company based in the United Kingdom that operates more than 2,800 betting shops in Europe
- Handled petition for determination of live entertainment tax dispute with Nevada State Gaming Control Board that ended up before Nevada State Supreme Court
- Helped develop ordinance with City of Las Vegas that permitted “outdoor entertainment complex” in order for the Container Park, a project created by Tony Hsieh and the Downtown Project, to operate in downtown Las Vegas
- Obtained liquor licensing for Hard Rock Cafe on The Strip and assists and advises alcohol suppliers, importer/wholesalers, nightclubs, casinos, taverns, and restaurants on licensing and compliance with federal, state, and local liquor laws
- Engaged as expert witness on Nevada alcohol laws in Southern Wine & Spirits of America, Inc., v. Price et al., 2:14-cv-00388 (D. Nev. Mar. 14, 2014).
Ms. Roberts has been recognized by Chambers USA as an “Up and Coming” partner in Gaming & Licensing. She is also an adjunct professor of gaming law at the William S. Boyd School of Law and the S.J. Quinney College of Law, University of Utah.
Ms. Roberts is a 2002 graduate of the University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law, where she was a member of the Utah Law Review. After law school, she clerked at both the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals and the Utah Court of Appeals.